Snow Cake
I believe is a good movie that shows us Autism in a highly operational form with a good performance by Sigourney Weaver as Linda Freeman. Alan Rickman is also good as a troubled with his past and recent present man and Carrie-Anne Moss is good as a straightforward selfish woman. The movie tells about how this three characters come to get to know each other, help each other for a while and have life changing experiences that will perhaps change their future.
The movie, the performances, the actors, the story, the cinematography, and even the music are good. Is a good movie. But, I needed more.
To me as a movie it was too bland, insipid, plain. A movie that comes and goes, it does not stay with you and even if at moments it does make you feel some emotions, in general you are a spectator that are not allowed to come inside the story.
I don�t think there was need for more drama, as I read in some critics comments, I believe that filmmaking is about telling stories and how you tell a story makes a huge difference. I think that the director with this film fails to be a good storyteller and he had the material to tell an outstanding story that could have become an outstanding movie. He had very good actors too that with their performances �tried� to save the movie but they couldn�t.
Sometimes good is just not enough and this is one of those times. I can�t recommend this movie even if Alan Rickman, Sigourney Weaver and Carrie-Ann Moss are here, all actors that I enjoy very much their performances and try to see all their movies.
0 Response to "Snow Cake"