The Invasion
As I mentioned before I will see any movie with Nicole Kidman and so I did watch this film that honestly while watching I kept asking myself why Kidman did a role like this one and because I really enjoy his serious roles, I also asked why Daniel Craig got involved in a project like this where he plays a not believable and lame doctor.
This contemporary adaptation of the Invasion of the Body Snatchers is really a terrible movie with a mixture of styles that only reflect the unbelievable mess Warner Bros can do with action films starting female leads. Remember the article I posted not long ago? Well, I�ll share this mess with you.
Originally the movie was going to be a remake of the 1956 movie, but the original scriptwriter Dave Kajganich re-wrote the script to make it more contemporary. It was going to be the first English language film for German Oliver Hirschbiegel. Shoot 45 days. The studio didn�t like the end product, so hired the Wachowski Brothers to rewrite the film and assist with additional shooting. Later the studio hired James McTeigue to perform re-shoots.
So you have two (or three) writers and three directors and believe me you can see how so many �cooks� in the kitchen will burn the dishes for sure. Terrible. Worst is that WB decided to release such a bad movie, they should have shelved or burned for what I care. But I know why they released; they wanted to make some money out of this disaster.
The only reason you can have to see this mess is to understand additional background for the post I did back in October �WB says No More Women in Lead Roles� that you can re-check here. Otherwise avoid this movie that is as terrible as the awful poster.

0 Response to "The Invasion"