Electroshock
This made for TV movie from Spain directed by Juan Carlos Claver is quite hard and emotional to see as tells the story of Pilar and Elvira that live a forbidden love in the last years of Franco, when Spain was still in the dark ages (to say it softly - I lived in Barcelona in those days, so I know how dark things were). The story is based on true facts that happened in Spain and have to say that I know real life stories very similar to the one you�ll be able to see in this movie; stories that happened in Spain and in other countries.
The movie looks and at times feels like exactly what it is: a made for TV movie; but the story is so compelling that it doesn�t really matter and you�ll be glued to the screen especially when the story gets intense. The acting is not that bad and one of the actress Susi S�nchez (Elvira) looks �especially in the end- like Kelly McGillis.
This 2006 movie screenplay written by Claver and Agust�n Madariaga won several awards and the movie was honored with several nominations in TV related awards and genre festivals.
I believe that this movie is a must be seen in the genre even when is not a romance or happy story, as tells about those obscure days that I really hope are totally in the past and all the new generations don�t have to live similar things nowadays anywhere in the world.

0 Response to "Electroshock"